Wednesday, September 7, 2022

There's Something About Centaur: The Final Build

 


There it is, my fourth Klon Centaur clone, but I consider it MkIII because it's the third that I built that didn't come from a kit. I used the Silver Edition layout from the tagboard effects website. On preliminary testing it seems smoother than the others and doesn't act up as much with an already overdriven amp as any of my other Centaur clones do. This one is another mini so that the Amazon kit that I built has a friend.

With this build being complete the 2022 building season is over. I do plan to build more pedal circuits next year, with packets of parts already being compiled. I would love to say that 2023 will be a more relaxed year, but the truth is I thought 2022 was going to be that as well, but I was wrong. To be honest I didn't do much this year. Sometimes I went weeks without building because I agonized about having to do the wiring, because I really do hate wiring pedals.

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. We'll just have to wait and see what the 2023 build season produces. In the off season I'll restock parts, buy housings to put homeless circuits into and continue seeking a new challenge. Maybe 2023 will be the year I finally build an HM-2 clone.

No comments:

Post a Comment