Sunday, December 3, 2023

And Then There Was December!

December is here, and I'm just meh about it. It used to be my favorite month of the year, having a few more celebrations in it than just Christmas and New Years Eve. For the past few years it's become just another dark, lonely month. Nothing much to celebrate, including the aforementioned holidays. With temps dropping into the 40s, sometimes 20s, as a high I'm growing more and more discouraged about my ability to do my December 14th and 23rd builds. I did plan small enough builds that they could be done indoors, but again my quarters are cramped as it is. We'll just have to wait and see what the next few weeks have in store as to whether they're done or not.

That being said, the next thing I want to say is "Fuck Oblivion!". The game is so buggy and broken, even the Game of the Year Edition, that I've had to use console commands more times than I've ever had to in Skyrim. As a matter of fact, the only time(s) I can recall needing to use commands in Skyrim was the whole Vampires capturing my wife bug. Apart from that, Fuck Oblivion! What a shitty fucking waste of the Elder Scrolls name.

Moving into 2024 I have six builds already put together, and I'm pretty sure that's all I will be building next year - or ever. I had been using Microsoft Rewards as a way to help purchase the items I needed to build my pedals. Microsoft Rewards has been going down the toilet ass first for the past few months. I suppose I can count myself lucky, as before things got really bad they decided to suspend my account without explaining why. They also refuse to acknowledge my support tickets, thus rendering the whole program useless to me. Even if they were to reinstate my account, the points have been lowered so much that it would take five times longer to get a simple $5 Amazon gift card.

I can only guess the reason they suspended my account was because I was Grandfathered in from years ago, giving me a steep discount on certain gift cards, even including some that newer members couldn't even get. When they went global with the program they must not have expected such a positive response, and income was much lower than outgoing. Toward the end they continually redefined their TOS, I'm guessing so that even the slightest indiscretion eventually knocked all the older accounts out of the program.

The only other thing I can put together is how our ISP constantly changes where our internet is coming from. The targeted ads I see can come from locally, or anywhere over a hundred miles north, and it constantly changes. Microsoft Rewards, for some reason, is very strict about where you use the program from. With our internet being fucked throughout most of October, I came back and found my Microsoft Rewards account was suspended. Those are my only two working guesses.

With MS Rewards being gone, it's going to take a while to buy all fifty-two projects enclosures. I do have some plans to put two into a singular 1590BB, but even that will only go so far. That's not including the footswitches, input/output jacks and all the solder and wiring I'll need. Put into a bind to say the least, but we'll do as we always do and wait to see what happens. Maybe a Christmas miracle? I won't hold my breath for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment