Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Ok, So I Fibbed

Over the past three weeks the internet has been sporadically up for a total of seven of those days, and it's been sketchy at best. Between the internet taking a big old dump on itself, thanks Bright Speed, I downloaded some layouts that I had planned to build in 2024. To while away the hours without internet I decided to actually start putting those kits together, instead of waiting for the winter months. Well, that turned into having a total of five more kits ready to be built. Whoops!

Now not only do I have small builds to sneak into the months of November and December, I have one final build for the 2023 season. That will be a clone of The Dane's overdrive section. I know, I know, I have too many overdrives as it is, but a wise man once said "You can never have too many overdrives, unless they're all connected together and all of them are dimed." Actually, that's not a real quote, but maybe someone has said that in the history of the world, I don't know.

I still need to put together the secret project, but I'm putting that off for the newest build, and I have to find a day within the end months of this year and get the tiny little builds done. Apart from that I have a Boss SP-1 clone kit ready to go, a Cornish SS-2 and CC-1 clone kit ready to go and a Browne Amps' Protein Green Channel clone kit ready to go. The last of which is supposedly based on the Nobel's ODR-1, which I've been really looking forward to eventually building a clone of. I'm debating pairing it up with the newest Bluesbreaker clone I built not that long ago. They might compliment each other in a really nice way. Kind of my own clone of a Browne Amps' Protein.

The moral of the story is never say it's over before it's actually over, because you never know what will draw or push you back to where you never thought you would be again. I thought the build season was wrapped up and I was just waiting for nice days in November and December, now I'm waiting to see what tomorrow's weather will be like to do this new overdrive clone build. Pending Bright Speed doesn't shit itself again, I'll report back. Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment